Wednesday 4 March 2015

One of My Favourite Awkward Moments

In my previous blog, in which you have undoubtedly read & shared amongst your friends, you will remember a reference to an NHS letter. A letter inviting me to a free chlamydia screening.

These letters are age specific they are sent to young adults as a way of saying 'Hey that green thing growing from you isn't embarrassing, why don't we sort it out though'. It's truly a great message, and I whole-heartedly agree with how the NHS approach this blight on the young and the reckless.

To digress for a paragraph or two some of you may have noticed I am no longer Shaun Tyrell on facebook but Peter-Shaun Tyrell. Many of you may wonder why I have changed my social media tag. In actual fact Peter-Shaun Tyrell is my real name. My dad wanted to name me after him Peter, my mum disliked the idea so like any great married couple they comprised thus Peter-Shaun Tyrell was birthed. However the registrar general forgot to place the hyphen in the name.

What does this have to do with anything? Why is he telling us this? I hear you ask. Well my NHS records register me as Peter Tyrell...the same as my dad's.

That's right, my letter of invitation to a free chlamydia screening, confidential I might add, became my dad's invitation to a free chlamydia screening. 

I arrived home with an apology from my dad, we both had a nervous laugh in which I assured him it was just a random invitation before embarrassingly heading upstairs to have a wee which burned only slightly.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment