Tuesday 4 February 2014

3 of my Favourite Comedy Things

I was recently crying over nothing at all when I thought, 'It has been a long time since I've watched something that made me laugh so hard I wanted to die.' It got me thinking about what films forced me to pause the show out of fear of asphyxiation on my own laughter. So I made a list:

1. Mighty Boosh Live Tour 



The one that came immediately to mind was the first Mighty Boosh tour. I was previously ignorant on the show until a friend (who is one of those friends who always buys the better version of everything you have) played it to me and the laughter was constant. A joke every 10 seconds, which is brilliant because it forces you to watch it several times to catch them all. The greatest thing about the Mighty Boosh is there is a string of jokes that look like mistakes and so enforced the amateurish style of the Mighty Boosh. They were in fact written in, which is surely something close to genius because it was making us laugh with them rather than at their ineptitude.

2. Shaun of the Dead



Perfect. This film is perfect. It exaggerates the British mentality in disasters which just so happens to be hilarious. It's the best film the Cornetto trio could have created ever. Their style of comedy, with their geeky references is just what the doctor ordered, the doctor of jokes and laughter that is! My favourite part has to be when he first encounters his mother and they have that back and forth of whether or not she really loves Philip. It is so quintessential of an english mother and son relationship when he corrects himself from saying mother to mum. Plus killing zombies with a cricket bat is qualitaaay.

3.  Ghosbusters



Possibly the best comedy with ghosts in ever. Bill Murray, Harold Ramis and if you want the other fellas name google it, I'm too busy to remember it at this time made the best film the trio could come up with. The best thing about this show is more often than not you watched it as a child. You enjoyed the action and the light comedy but when you get older you release how intelligent and constant the comedy actually is. You discover how Bill Murray is made of gold, comedy gold that is!

So there are a few of my favourite comedies. May they bring you some laughter when you dark days are ah-DAN AYKROYD that's the other fella!

No comments:

Post a Comment