Friday 25 October 2013

So this is why women wanted to shag him

Russell Brand our generation's Casanova was always an enigma to me. I couldn't see why so many women would swoon for him, it wasn't even out of jealously more curiosity. Now when I watched this video I was immediately turned on.



Listen to the array of words he says. He must be one of the most articulated person on this planet. Imagine everything he is saying, the pace, the long words but instead he was trying to chat a woman up. Who wouldn't sleep with him after the barrage of words, that would at the very least confuse them into hornyness.

In all seriousness however Russell Brand has never been my favourite comedian, I thought he was more funny in films then his stand up. I also thought him aloof and didn't really pay attention to anything he did. Now however I respect him as much as I do my idols. 

I didn't take much notice to him because in the media his personal life was fairly haphazard and silly. He was mocked for his sex addiction and berated and blamed for his part in the marriage with Katy Perry. Now I know why! They were afraid, this genius with words would make his political views known to the world. I am one of those people who has all sorts of opinion but I can never verbalise them. Most of the time I have this great argument in my head, with names and dates to back it up but whenever it came time to use them I would forget the entire thing and just sound like a suggestible idiot who read a little article and thought it sounded smart. Brand is the total opposite, not only can he hit Paxman with some facts but he backs them up with a beautiful vocabulary which makes whatever he is talking about sound even more plausible. Even if you don't agree with Russell Brand you have to admit he is impressive in this video.

The reason why I respect him so much however; not only do I agree with what he is saying, but he is so passionate about it. You can hear it in his voice the emotion is thick, so thick it threatens to break his trail of word-gems. He's also not quick to anger, like a human being he can make a joke out of himself, he sees the funny side. Not like Paxman who for all his career has worn a similiar suit and not thought 'the old boss, same as the new boss' a little ironic.

The only thing I could have added for Russell Brand, the only thing missing was a great quote from a Richard Linklater film called Waking Life. It goes:

'To withdraw in disgust, is not the same as apathy.'

If only I was there...

No comments:

Post a Comment